Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Russia Today asks did Israel test new weapons in Gaza? Israel denies allegations



The Palestinian Authority is calling for an international investigation of the weapons used by Israel during its three-week assault on Gaza. There are claims so-called DIME bombs were dropped from drone aircraft. This kind of bomb is designed to produce an intense explosion in a small space.

Mona Al-Ashkar, an 18-year-old Gaza resident, lost her left leg and half her body was paralysed, after she was hit by an Israeli shell.

“I used to dream of going to university and becoming a maths teacher. I wanted to marry and have children. But now only God knows if I can. Which man is going to marry a girl in my situation? How can I marry without a leg? I can't move. I can't leave this bed. I don't know what will happen to me. Please God, please God!” she says.

According to the charity Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP), as many as 500 people in Gaza underwent amputations as a result of the recent conflict. Full story at RT

2 comments:

rainywalker said...

RT seems to be making a streach here and have shown no proof that HMX or RDX has been used or DIME explosives. IF the young lady shown had been hit by any form of these weapons the shock and high temperature would have killed her. Many countries are experimenting with DIME including the US but there does not seem to be nay evidence would made scalpel type wounds. According to one US research center it will cause cancer in rats.
This however is not only used by the military but civilian industry around the world. I understand it can be purchased on Ebay [thermite] and can be made by mixing aluminum powder with metal oxide. But it is quite dangerous because of the temperature it melts at.
Israel may be testing DIME weapons to cut down on civilian deaths but I don't think so. If you can believe some of the things that you read the US may be testing them in both Iraq and Afghanistan on a small scale. But the US is afraid of the backlash from cancer in the world arena.
www.defensetech.org/archives/002434.html

John Barry said...

Thanks for the valuable background information.