Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Iran: Video and Text-Neda's sister speaks out in a moving eulogy



Translation

I am here in order to tell you that she died in her father's arms.


I am here in order to tell you that my sister had big dreams.


I am here in order to tell you that my sister was very modest [in her dreams].


She longed - just like me - after one day feeling the wind in her hair, and just like me she loved poems by Farukh (?), a Persian poet, and she....


....longed for freedom and equality.


She longed after one day being able to say I am Iranian; with her head held up high.


She longed after one day falling in love with a man with a [inaudible] haircut, giving birth to a daughter, singing lullabies at her cradle, or to plait her child's long hair.


My sister died because she was not allowed to live like a human being; my sister died because injustice would not end; my sister died because she loved life so much, and my sister died because she cared lovingly for her fellow humans well-being.


All our brothers and sisters in Iran: You are not alone!


Neda Agha-Soltan. (Nedā Āġā-Soltān; b 1982 - d June 20, 2009). Video of murder here

No comments: