Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Medjugorje Must Be Recognised-Bishop Henry Kennedy

Translation of an interview with  Australian  Bishop Henry Kennedy in Medjugorje, August 1995
His Lordship, Bishop Kennedy, has visited Medjugorje three times already from far-away Australia, to be present at celebrations on the occasion of the anniversary of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary. He drew a lot of curious glances because of his attire, since he was the only one walking around in full regalia.

Your Lordship, when did you first learn of the events in Medjugorje, and what were your emotions when you visited this holy place for the first time?

I got to know about the events in Medjugorje only recently. As we all know, Gospa appeared already in 1981 to the children. However, I did not know anything about until 1985. Ever since I have compiled information, but the idea of myself going on a pilgrimage to this place would not have entered my head just then. After all, Australia is quite a big distance away from Medjugorje, and I am not a spring chicken either anymore. I thought at the time that Lourdes would be, and remain, the only shrine I ever visited. And now I am here, and I am very happy about it, because Medjugorje is an experience of a special kind. The resolve in my heart to go there on a pilgrimage began to mature in 1990, and in 1993 I first set foot onto this holy ground. In 1994 I visited a second time and now, in 1995, you find me here again, and I trust I will be able to travel over here next year also... I feel marvellous here in Medjugorje, simply fantastic, and I notice with every visit an increase in these high feelings of mine. I have never been in any doubt about Lourdes, and by the same token I am absolutely sure that the Gospa is present here. It will be
nearly impossible to find another place on earth where such peace like here pervades!
(Continue reading HERE )

No comments: